Sometimes the back-side of a stamp is almost as interesting as the front-side. Here is an example of a stamp with 5 signatures:
- A fancy sign that is often present on stamps with genuine overprints.
- The signature of Philipp Kosack (* 17.5.1869; † 16.5.1938) a German dealer located in Berlin.
- Dr. R. J. Ceresa, a well known expert for Armenia and other areas.
- Emil Louis Richard Senf (* 02.08.1855; † 17.01.1941) and
Wilhelm August Louis Senf (* 02.08.1852; † 12.02.1940)
– the famous Senf Brothers – dealers in Leipzig
- Oscar Riep, dealer in Berlin – around the same time as Senf brothers.
I guess there is still place for some more. But seriously, in the stamp trade of the first half of the 20th century you will often stumble over just the same names again and again.
A made a page on the blog where I list the signatures that you can find on stamps of Armenia together with some background information. See here.